Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Foundation routine for oily skin











Today I'm sharing my current foundation routine. 
I have been using these four products for a little over a year. Let me tell ya they are amazing.
Living in Louisiana heat and humidity plus having naturally oily skin, it has always been a serious struggle finding products that keep me matte.
Finally after years of trying new things I have defiantly found the products I can't live without.

First I go in with the makeup forever Step 1 skin equalizing primer.
This primer is the KEY to keeping me matte I don't go a day without it.
I apply this product with clean fingers.
It does have a slight sticky feeling when you first apply it to the skin, but it does go away when rubbed in completely. Also a little goes a long way in more then a year I have only had to re-purchase once.

The foundation is by makeup forever  also it is the matte velvet plus formula in shade #35. When I have a tan I am in shade #40.
It is a medium to full coverage foundation that sits so beautifully on the skin.
I have recommended this product to some of my oily friends and they loved it too.
I honestly don't have one bad thing to say about this foundation. I apply it with a sigma flat kabuki F80 brush.

Next I go in with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in shade light/neutral. 
I apply this with a damp beauty blender. Little trick I picked up from the queen Jaclyn Hill.
Trust me its a great trick, I do not like the concealer applied any other way.
Urban Decay Naked Skin


Last but not least, the Laura Mercier translucent powder.
I use this right after concealer I apply this with a powder brush.
This powder is amazing even on the days I don't use concealer I still apply the translucent powder over my foundation and it is the perfect finish and keeps me totally matte.
Laura Mercier Translucent powder

Well that raps it up, if I come across any other amazing mattefying products you will be the first to know. :)

Sincerely, Erin Marie







No comments:

Post a Comment